Saturday 16 May 2009

3 Cheers for Vaseline!!

Ladies (or indeed gentlemen), if you are prone, as I am, to insisting upon taking out a teeny tiny Tinkerbelle-esque clutch bag for those wonderful, but all too rare, glamorous nights out, and then being left crestfallen when hubby informs you his pockets are full, when you haven’t even begun to load him up with half the products you need, then I may be able to help.

It was just such an event that led to this discovery – Vaseline. Now, do bear with me – I am not, of course, suggesting that I discovered Vaseline itself (but oh how I wish that I had), merely it’s many many uses. It can turn it’s hand, as I’m sure most of us know, to the balming of lips, but did you also know that it makes a superb highlighter for cheeks, and eyelids, affording you a healthy, radiant glow (unless of course applied in excess, which will lead to any potential admirers running for the hills in fright, and the more hardy suitors sliding immediately off your face in a sea of grease).

It can of course be used as a moisturiser (although again, in moderation) for particularly stubborn dry patches, such as washday hands, and fake tan-guzzling knees, elbows and ankles, although why any of these afflictions should be concerning you whilst out on the town is beyond me! Perhaps we may have drifted from the point a little….

Suffice it to say, I am so so glad that on that wonderful night as my husband rushed me out the door (I was allegedly running late) I grabbed ‘only’ my lip balm, little realising just how right that little tin would see me. And it fitted in my bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment